Contribute to Open CASCADE Technology
There are many ways how you can help improving this software. You can contribute code, but also make bug reports, suggest new features, improve the documentation, etc.
In order to contribute code to OCCT, you must register on this portal and sign the Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
- Introduction: what is CLA and why it is needed?
- Contribution License Agreement (pdf)
- CLA Submission Form
The most straightforward way to submit your contribution is through the OCCT public Git repository. The steps are:
- Clone OCCT Git repository. See Guide to installing and using Git for OCCT development if you are not familiar with Git.
- Develop your change complying with OCCT Coding Rules.
- Build modified version of OCCT and verify that it works for you as expected. Consider creating a test case.
- Register an issue in Mantis bug tracker describing your change.
- Push your change to Git repository in branch with name starting with "CR" followed by the issue Id, then switch the issue to Resolved.
The contribution then passes code review and testing; if everything is Ok it will be integrated to master branch in about one week.
See Contribution Workflow for other possibilities and details on how contributions are processed.
You can help improving the software by participating in discussions of the product development on the forum, and through submission of meaningful ideas and bug reports.