Environment: debian testing
- Location of program is incorrect
- Manipulating the view tells you how to use the donly command but doesn't tell you how to undo the damage ("dall").
- pload ALL says "Cannot load Debug Browser library. DFBrowser command is not attached"
(even when running from the directory containing DRAWEXE and with env.ksh sourced)
This may possibly be due to the fact that external system libraries (tcl, etc) have been upgraded since
- trying demo by itself from the ros/src/DrawResources directory:
/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/Linux/bin/TTOPOLOGY: Command not found.
This file does not exist anywhere in the OpenCASCADE install directory or the source download directory (pre install) either.
and demo.tcl reports syntax error:
./demo.tcl: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./demo.tcl: line 2: `set stationname $tcl_platform(platform)'
original install (and install bugs prevent updating) but it may be another path bug.
- Instructions on how to navigate to the demonstration files are wrong
- assumes you have started from the directory containing DRAWEXE. Never a good assumption.
user will probably be in their own home directory, or their own application source directory, or
- cd ../.. is incorrect even if you have started there since it is located deeper than when these
instructions were written
- new path is wrong once you get to the $CASROOT directory
should be ros/src/DrawResources
In the unlikely event that user started from the directory containing DRAWEXE, two of these bugs
- It would be easier to do the documentation right if DRAWEXE supported things like "cd $CASROOT/ros/src/DrawResources" and 'source "$CASROOT/ros/src/DrawResources/DrawTK.tcl"'
- Many demo files fail with 'window name "mbar" already exists in parent'
- "OCAFDemo.tcl" fails:
/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/src/TCAF/FileUnix.std does not exist
- "Tests.tcl"" : can't read "env(WBROOT)": no such variable
- So far, not a single demo file from that directory has run without error and displayed anything useful if it did run, even when axo and fit are tried.
*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.
... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 460002b
You never get back to a shell prompt, ctrl-d and ctrl-c don't help, must use ctrl-z and kill