We are pleased to announce that beta testing campaign of OCCT 7.0 has finished, and OCCT 7.0.0 Release Candidate is available.
This time beta testing was especially fruitful: we have got several dozens inputs from the community, which helped to improve OCCT for this release.
The most essential changes since beta version are:
- Upgrade procedures and code have been improved to facilitate transition from OCCT 6.x. Note appearance of option to make OCCT handles safer (see OCCT_HANDLE_NOCAST).
- A few regressions have been spotted and eliminated.
- Several performance bottlenecks have been identified and resolved.
- Limited support of old persistence formats (read-only) is restored, to ensure compatibility of OCAF data.
- Build procedures are made more flexible; OCCT has been tested to build with NMake and Mingw-w64.
- Documentation is actualized.
See updated Release Notes for more details.
The current version of OCCT is called Release Candidate as we still have to verify it by testing on several projects. No further changes in the code are actually planned (unless some new regression is detected), however minor updates of documentation and build procedures are expected.
To get OCCT 7.0.0.rc, you can download a complete source archive or use a Windows installer including ready-to-use binaries built with VS 2010 or VS 2013.
You can also use commit tagged "V7_0_0rc" in the Git repository.
Please feel free to provide your feedback.