April 22, 2013
OPEN CASCADE SAS is pleased to announce a new public maintenance release of Open CASCADE Technology (version 6.6.0).
This is a minor release, which includes over 250 new features, improvements and bug fixes over maintenance release 6.5.5.
Version 6.6.0 is binary incompatible with the previous versions of Open CASCADE Technology and Products, so applications linked against a previous version must be recompiled to run with this Version 6.6.0.
New in this version:
- Official support of Mac OS X, Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012
- On Mac OS X, visualization with native Cocoa API and XCode 4 project files
- Refactored Boolean operations algorithm. Possibility to enable automatic check of input parameters and results and generation of data for bug report
- Redesign of texture management
- Accelerated text visualization; use of FTGL library is dropped
- Removal of obsolete 2D viewer and plotter support libraries; 3D viewer libraries become the unified way to render both 2D and 3D graphics
- TKOpenGl is now linked at build time, not at run time
- Import / export made independent of the current global locale
- Universal CMake build scripts
- New automated testing system
Detailed information about this release is available in Release Notes (PDF).
To download Open CASCADE Technology, please, visit our Download Center.
To learn more about our Products, please, visit our Value-added Software page.
Please, contact us for any additional information.