Open CASCADE Technology 7.0.0 is available for download!
April 05, 2016
OPEN CASCADE is pleased to announce a new public release of Open CASCADE Technology (version 7.0.0).
Open CASCADE Technology and Products version 7.0.0 is a major release, which includes more than 500 improvements and bug fixes over the previous release 6.9.1.
Version 7.0.0 is binary and source incompatible with the previous versions of Open CASCADE Technology and Products, so applications linked against a previous version must be ported and recompiled to run with this Version 7.0.0.
New in this version:
- Conversion of CDL classes to plain C++
- Use of CMake as main build system, replacing WOK
- New implementation of shared pointer (Handle)
- Redesign of OCCT type system
- Refactoring of B-Spline evaluation
- Ability to perform Boolean expressions on an arbitrary number of arguments
- Intersection of surfaces produces more accurate b-spline curves
- More predictable offset of 3D shapes with a large offset value in “Intersection” mode
- Activation of selection modes without opening the local context
- OpenGL graphic rendering methods exposed to the client code
- Support of zoom persistent selection
- Configurable font orientation
- Direct3D integration toolkit
- Support of antialiasing using multisampling technique (MSAA)
- Interface for reading / saving documents from / to arbitrary C++ stream
- Main OCAF toolkits are made independent on Visualization toolkits
- Support of reading and writing semantic PMI entities for STEP AP242 format
- Optimization of shape triangulation export to STL and VRML
- ACIS SAT Import-Export: new geometrical entities and color attributes supported
- DXF Import-Export: improved translation of UNICODE text
- BestFit: improved calculations with non-null offset on two-sided models
- Mesh Framework Kernel: accelerated interfaces to STL and OBJ formats
- Advanced Samples: new WPF Import/Export sample added to the Advanced C# Wrapper tool
Detailed information about this release is available in Release Notes (PDF).
To download Open CASCADE Technology, please, visit our Download Center.
To learn more about our Products, please, visit our Components page.
Please, contact us for any additional information.