May 29, 2018
OPEN CASCADE is pleased to announce a new public release of Open CASCADE Technology (version 7.3.0).
Open CASCADE Technology version 7.3.0 is a minor release, which includes more than 350 new features, improvements and bug fixes over minor release 7.2.0.
New in this version:
- Support of Unicode file names and software signals handling for MinGW-w64 builds
- Recommendations on fulfillment of LGPL terms in Overview documentation
- Restored compatibility with Visual Studio 2008
- Support of GBK and Big5 code pages
- Ability to redefine the stored/retrieved document version and the application name
- Face Removal algorithm
- Optimized surface intersection, shape offset and Boolean operation algorithms
- Oriented Bounding Boxes (OBB)
- More complete history in the family of Boolean Operations algorithms
- Improved stability of BRepProj_Projection algorithm
- Corrected translation of single-stroke fonts into BRep
- Improved compatibility with EGL on Linux, Intel HD GPUs, Mesa OpenGL, remote desktop
- Possibility to arrange more than 8 light sources and assign them to layers
- Possibility to assign Shading Model per primitive array
- Support of custom GLSL programs with Geometry and Tessellation shaders
- Distance and size culling options for rendering large scenes
- Depth pre-pass option for rendering heavy custom GLSL programs
- Verbose frame statistics for profiling 3D Viewer performance
- Documentation for PMI in XCAF
Detailed information about this release is available in Release Notes (PDF).
To download Open CASCADE Technology, please, visit our Download Center.
Please, contact us for any additional information.