Open Cascade is pleased to announce a new public release of Open CASCADE Technology (version 7.5.0).
Open CASCADE Technology version 7.5.0 is a minor release, which includes more than 400 improvements and corrections over the previous minor release 7.4.0.
Version 7.5.0 brings in new features of the most of OCCT modules and components. In particular, Draw Harness 3D Viewer allows to navigate through large real-size models including teleport-style navigation in VR view mode. Data Exchange functionality has been extended with glTF 2.0 writer support. New Visualization features include additional texture maps to improve visual quality, proper sRGB output rendering for correct semitransparent materials and gradients handling and PBR Metallic-Roughness material workflow to improve the quality of metallic presentations. Support of Unicode characters is completed by relevant improvements in STEP translator, DRAW console, message resources, and visualization. New samples demonstrating the usage of OCCT 3D Viewer built as WebAssembly within the browser and overview of the basic usage of C++ API of various OCCT functionalities have been introduced.
Aiming to make OCCT more user-friendly, documentation structure has been revised for easier navigation and understanding. In particular, new “Contribution” section was created to ease the access to OCCT developer tools and encourage users to devote their time and expertise to contribute into OCCT source code development.
Soon you will see the renovated OCCT developer portal including extended contribution opportunities, more developer resources and wider forum threads coverage. Stay tuned!
New in OCCT 7.5.0:
- Redesigned API of progress indicator for parallel tasks
- Support of compilation for WebAssembly (with Emscripten SDK)
- New printer Message_PrinterSystemLog for logging messages to system log
- Support of progress indicator in BRepMesh
- New alternative algorithm for triangulation of 2d polygons
- Tool to remove internal sub-shapes (with INTERNAL orientation) from the shape keeping topological connectivity
- Allowed usage of multi-dimensional compound arguments for Boolean Cut and Common operations
- Use of sRGB textures and render buffer
- PBR Metallic-roughness shading model
- Normal map texture support
- Option to compute BVH trees used for interactive selection in background thread
- Support of special-style font families and multi-font .ttc files in Font Manager
- Support of reading STEP files containing non-Ascii symbols (Unicode or local code pages) in text strings
- Support of writing Unicode text strings to STEP (as UTF-8)
- New API for STEP reader accepting C++ stream on input
- glTF 2.0 writer
- Improved performance of (ASCII) STL and OBJ readers
- Management of several documents (open, save, close, etc.) in parallel threads (one application per thread)
- Inheritance of attributes to reuse their persistence mechanisms
- Progress indicator in TDocStd_Application
- Optimization of Commit operation for large modifications
Draw Test Harness
- Colorized message output
- Support of Unicode symbols in DRAW console on Windows
- Flight-mode navigation in 3D viewer via WASD keys and 3D mouse input on Windows
- Experimental teleport-mode navigation in 3D viewer using OpenVR
- Unification of mouse gestures for 3D viewer manipulation in samples
- New WebGL viewer sample
- Update of JNI sample for Android Studio (from Eclipse project)
- New Qt OCCT Overview sample
- Restructuring of OCCT documentation for easier orientation and higher user-friendliness
Detailed information about this release is available in Release Notes (PDF).
To download Open CASCADE Technology, please, visit our Download Center.
Please, contact us for any additional information.