Draw Harness is an open-source Tcl command interpreter used to test and demonstrate Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT) modeling libraries.
It is an integral part of framework itself - see DRAWEXE executable withing OCCT installation path.
Unlike typical wrappers mapping OCCT C++ API directly to the other language, Draw Harness provides a set of manually written Tcl commands utilizing OCCT functionality, providing a more natural environment for interactive input, and even giving developers hints on how C++ API can be used in their application.
Draw Harness allows:
- Performing modeling operations from OCCT.
- Performing import/export operations into STEP/IGES/glTF/STL file formats.
- Displaying and interacting with models in 3D Viewer, as well as making screenshots.
- Learning, evaluating, prototyping algorithms interactively - though command line input or available Tcl samples.
- Scripting operations using Tcl language for re-use in interactive and non-interactive modes.
- Automated non-regression testing of algorithms.
- Extending with own commands through writing Draw Plugins.
Draw Harness can be used on a wide range of platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and even directly in the browser as WebAssembly module!